Thursday, June 5, 2008

See Jess' Comments

I got a phone call at work today from Jess, who started off by telling me her morning had been ruined! Coffee spill, burned toast, missed alarm, what was it?
She was watching the tennis, and was totally captivated by the women's semifinal match between Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic.
Now we've watched plenty of tennis together over the years, and Jess has quickly become an astute and insightful student of the game. This morning; however, was the first time she had settled into a match by herself. And that's really cool.
I didn't get to see any of what turned out to be a tremendous battle, but Jess gave me a fantastic insight into the flow, the action, and the nerves of the players. What a cool wife I have!
Turns out Ivanovic won in three sets to advance to the final against Dinara Safina (didn't some blogger predict that just last night?) She also claimed the #1 ranking from Maria Sharapova, and has a chance to cement it Saturday morning.
I'll be at work, but Jess will be watching!

No comments: